Breeding Oriental and Arabian horses has been carried on in Poland since the earliest times. Poles valued Arabian horses so much that for many generations, despite wars, plunder and, above all - lack of state sovereignty, they maintained and successfully developed breeding of Arabian Horses. A great role here played studs such as: Sławuta, Jarczowce and Biała Cerkiew, which exported Arabs, supported by numerous successes at agricultural exhibitions of Europe at that time.
Extensive, fertile pastures in the eastern territories of former Polish lands, the continental climate and the system of maintenance and use developed by Polish breeders led to the creation of a specific type of Arabian horse, which differed significantly from the original Arabians imported from the desert, and was so different from others that it was named after years - pure Polish Arabian.
Isolated populations, but also market requirements have caused that there are many "types" of the Arabian horse in the world: Englishmen, Crabbet Arabians, old English Arabians, Russians - Russian standard (old Russian or pure Russian), and Spaniards - pure Spanish and also the most widespread and recognizable brand in the world which is straight Egyptian horse from the Middle East.
Another group of horses is a type called Asil Arabians, and in recent times there have also appeared horses referred to as "desert bred”.
These Arabian horse types, bred under their own brands, are cultivated as a cultural heritage in individual countries, including the organization of special shows for them, the «S» class, or «Specific Origin Shows».
The term pure Polish was created in the USA in the 1970s and was to distinguish Polish Arab from others and characterize it for marketing purposes.
Generally, there is agreement as to what it is and what meaning the pure Polish brand is used to describe a specific type of Polish Arab whose roots go back to horses bred in the borderland studs. Therefore, it should be assumed with certainty that pure Polish horses are of Polish origin, one of eight male families and fifteen female lines maintained for at least the last several decades in Polish breeding.
- Kuhailan Haifi or.ar. imp. 1931 to Gumniska
- Ibrahim or.ar. imp. 1907 to Antoniny
- Kuhailan Afas or.ar. imp. 1931 to Gumniska
- Krzyżyk or.ar. imp. 1876 to Jarczowce
- Ilderim or.ar. imp. 1900 to Sławuta
- Bairactar or.ar. imp. 1817 to Weil
- Saklawi I or.ar. ur. 1886 Egipt
- Koheilan Adjuze or.ar. imp. 1885 to Babolna
- Gazella or.ar. imp. 1845 to Jarczowce
- Milordka born ca. 1810 in Sławuta
- Mlecha or.ar. imp. 1845 to Jarczowce
- Sahara or.ar. imp. 1845 to Jarczowce
- Ukrainka born ca. 1815 in Sławuta
- Szweykowska birn ca. 1800 in Sławuta
- Wołoszka born ca. 1810 in Sławuta
- Szamrajówka born ca. 1810 in Biała Cerkiew
- Selma born ca. 1865 in Egipt, imp.to Poland 1928
- Sherifa or.ar. imp. 1870 to France, imp.to Poland 1930
- Semrie or.ar. imp. 1902 to Babolna, imp. to Poland 1946
- Scherife or.ar. imp. 1902 to Babolna, imp. to Poland 1946
- Rodania or.ar. imp. 1881 to England, imp. to Poland 1956
- Adjuze or.ar. imp. 1885 do Babolny, imp. to Poland 1946
- Bent-El-Arab or.ar. imp. 1885 do Babolny , imp.to Poland 1946
Pure Polish is also the use of traditional methods in breeding:
traditional reproduction and embryo transfer methods are used in reproduction and breeding
the racing trial is obligatory for horses included in the breeding herd,
Divergent opinions exist only at the place of birth of a pure Polish horse. We can therefore discuss whether a pure Polish horse should be born in Poland or not.
At the same time, pure Polish horses in the global breeding world cannot close themselves in the narrow range of this concept and, as a consequence, lock themselves in the breeding museum. Every race, even pure, which is Arabian blood, constantly strives to improve the characteristics selected by the breeder, therefore foreign blood is not only acceptable, but also necessary, although new blood currents are introduced carefully so as not to lose the "Polishness" of the pedigree,
From the opinions expressed therefore emerges a brand called pure Polish, concerning a Polish type of Arabian horse bred within "Polish" families and families, in accordance with the Polish breeding program, using traditional methods, taking into account the test of bravery in their improvement, and a majority (more than half) of ancestors of Polish origin in pedigree.
The history and tradition of breeding a Polish Arabian horse, nobility and consolidation of features have become a feature characterizing Polish Arabians and also constitute its genetic potential, significantly differentiating them from their progenitors and Arabians in the so-called Egyptian type. The Polish Arabian horse, called pure Polish, bred in specific conditions, beautiful and brave, perfect and elegant, is a living cultural heritage of Poland and is its national good.